Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching by keyword
- To search for information using a keyword, type your selected word(s) into the empty search bar and click on Go.
- You will be taken to a results page containing all content matching your keyword search.
- Arrange your results using the Sorted by button at the top of your results list.
- Click on the arrow to sort by relevance, publication date, or title (which lists the results alphabetically).
- Alternatively (or in addition), you can refine your search results with an additional keyword search or by using the list in the right-hand column of the page.
- You can narrow by industry, geography, subject, topic, company information, or publication date.
- To further refine your search results to one information type (news; financial deals; opinion; reports & briefs; databooks; companies; countries; or industries), click on the relevant tab running across the top of the page.
- The tabs are color-coded and change color when you hover your mouse over them.
- To retrace your current search trail, click on the small drop-down arrow at the top left of the page, next to the text that reads ‘Your search has returned’.
- This will reveal the various search parameters that you have selected for that particular search (this is known as a breadcrumb trail).
- You also have the option to view your results as a list or as a group using the two-sided button at the top right of the page. ‘List’ will sort your results according to the parameters you have chosen using the ‘Sorted by’ button, while ‘group’ will arrange your results by information type.
Royal Holloway Library LibGuide by Royal Holloway Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.