1. Log on to Reading Lists Online using your Royal Holloway username and password.
2. Open another tab on your browser and go to Royal Holloway Library's LibrarySearch.
3. Search for the item you want to add to the list.
4. Click on the title of the book or journal to dispay the full record.
5. If using the old interface click on the 'Details' tab.If using the new interface just click on the title of the book.
5. Click on the "Add to My Bookmarks" button you have added to your browser toolbar.
6. Your screen will display the catalogue entry on the right hand side and the details of the book or journal on the left.
7. Check bibligraphic details then click on the Create button or Create and Add to List.*
* If you have clicked, 'Create and Add to List' - then on the next screen, select the list you want to add it to, as well as marking it as:
Suggested for student purchase, Essential, Recommended or Further.
You can also add any notes to the students (visible to the public) or notes to the Library (not visible to the public).
8. You have successfully saved your bookmark on Reading Lists Online.
When using LibrarySearch:
If the details do not appear automatically when bookmarking from LibrarySearch:
1. select LCN from the 'Look up' function in Reading Lists Online
2. and enter the Source Record Number from the Details section of the record on Library Search.
When using other online resources:
If you still cannot import from LibrarySearch or if the book is not in the Royal Holloway collections, then:
1. Search for the title of the book on Amazon or the publisher's website, then use the “Add to my bookmarks” button on your browser to bookmark the new resource.
2. Check the information and add any additional fields if necessary to complete the reference.
3. Please note book references should include: Title of the book, author / editor, year of publication, publisher and ISBN.
4. If the details for the book don't appear automatically after clicking 'Add to my bookmarks', use the ISBN in Lookup: to retrieve the details.
See the Step by Step Guide above for more information
There are a few ways you can add notes for your students.
It is not essential that you add notes for your students, but the option is there.