You will find Bloomberg installed on PCs in the following areas. You will be able to identify the ones with Bloomberg installed by the keyboards.
Terminals which all students can access:
Management PhD students can access Bloomberg in MX126 and MC216.
Economics taught postgraduates can access Bloomberg in the MSc Study Room (first floor of the Horton Building).
Bloomberg Training runs every Friday from 12:00pm - 12:50pm in MX035. You need to register to attend this training, and spaces are limited to 10 students in each session.
Click on the date you want to go through to the booking page:
November 24th (not bookable yet)
As part of the Careers in Business & Finance Week, the Library is offering "Bloomberg Basics". These drop in sessions will help you get signed up with Bloomberg and Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC).
When?: Tuesday 10th to Friday 13th October, 8 - 9 am
Where?: Bloomberg terminals, Ground Floor of the Library
No need to sign up, just come along any time between 8 - 9am.
Please contact Emma Burnett for further information.
Log into the Bloomberg terminal with your IT username and password.
2. Select the green Bloomberg icon on the desktop.
3. Select Enter or <Go> to begin.
4. Select ‘Create a new login.’
5. Enter your personal information. Use your Royal Holloway email address. You must give a valid telephone number in international format (ie. +44 7…) so that Bloomberg can contact you to set up your account. Stay by the Bloomberg terminal until you receive the text message/phone call or Bloomberg will not be able to validate your login.
6. Select whether you want to receive confirmation from Bloomberg by a text message or a phone call.
7. When you have received your text message or phone call, enter the four digit code you are given to validate your account.
8. Make a note of your username and the password you created. If you do not use your login details within 90 days, you will need to recreate your account.
9. Finally, log into Bloomberg to test your new account.
Main Menus & Security Specific Functions
When you want to go back to the 'home' screen (start over) type: HOME. This is the page that appeared when you logged in.
If you type MENU, this takes you back to the main menu of your current search.
Security Specific example
To go to Microsoft's Historical Line Chart (stock prices), you could type:
MSFT US <Equity> <GO> You would see a menu, from there select item 17, for Historical Line Chart, with the mnenomic 'GP' OR type: MSFT US <Equity> GP <GO> This by-passed 2 additional steps: 4 <GO> 1 <GO>
MSFT US <Equity> GP W <GO> This by-passed 2 additional steps & set graph to weekly using W for Weekly
Type the company name at the cursor prompt and select the company from the list of suggested companies that appears below the name you typed
If you do not see your company name in the list of suggested companies, hit the <HELP> key and then click onCompanies or Equities
For Exchange Rates by region enter:
<CRNCY> TKC <GO>
For World Currency Rates enter:
Ticker Symbol <EQUITY> HP <GO> for Historical Prices
Enter: WB <GO> for a listing of benchmark government bonds around the world